S. Whitehall residents, pets overcome by fumes
South Whitehall Township police were dispatched 1:44 p.m. Jan. 27 to assist Cetronia Ambulance Corps and Woodlawn Fire Department for two residents experiencing respiratory distress at 1412 N. 21 St., South Whitehall Township.
Police say the residents had used a significantly high amount of a pest control product in a confined area of their home.
The residents and their pets, along with the first responding firefighters, were decontaminated by Lehigh County Special Operations as a precaution.
The residents were also treated by Cetronia Ambulance Corps.
South Whitehall Emergency Management, Lehigh Valley Health Network Department of Public Safety and County Animal Response Team were all called to the scene to assist.