Parkland Press

Wednesday, June 20, 2018
PRESS PHOTO BY KENNETH BLEILERRichard Deemer was introduced at the North Whitehall Township supervisors’ meeting as the new public works director. PRESS PHOTO BY KENNETH BLEILERRichard Deemer was introduced at the North Whitehall Township supervisors’ meeting as the new public works director.

North Whitehall Twp welcomes new public works director

Thursday, May 24, 2018 by KENNETH BLEILER Special to The Press in Local News

During the North Whitehall Township supervisors’ May meeting, Richard Deemer was introduced to the audience as the new public works director.

In other matters, Jarett Zuber’s one lot subdivision was one of two development items on the North Whitehall agenda.

The Zuber plan was reviewed and the request for waivers was discussed.

The planning commission has given the plan an unfavorable review as there were issues outstanding.

There was quite a bit of discussion concerning a right- of-way across the lot. After a lengthy review, the board decided to grant waivers on 11 items and gave the plan favorable review.

The line painting contract was given to A-1 Traffic Control for an amount of $26,928 plus or minus, with a possible one-year extension.

The public works crew was busy mowing, readying the playgrounds, working at the township building and working at the rails/trails area at the township building.

Kristie Wilk, representative of the Northern Valley EMS, gave the quarterly report.

The first quarter of the year had 803 patients transported to hospitals, 314 of the calls were in North Whitehall Township and 199 calls were involving people who were treated at the scene and were not transported.

NOVA responded to 95 percent of its calls with mutual aid assistance taking care of the other 5 percent.

The new truck will arrive shortly and the other two were expected to be delivered May 21.

Complimentary child seat inspections are available. To schedule an appointment, call Anne Boddie at 610-262-1075. She will also give CPR classes for a group.

Wilk also told the board the director of operations position was split in two.

Boddie will be the provider services manager while Bruce Bisbing will be the operations manager.

The change will let Boddie focus on community outreach programs and quality patient care, while Bisbing will be responsible for the maintenance and preparedness of the vehicles and equipment.

Eugene Wolfgang of the Upper Lehigh Lions Club told the audience there would be a chicken barbecue June 2 at the Schnecksville Fire Company.

Five people — Heather Skorinko, Joann Guth, Marlene Stofflet and Jeff Johnson — expressed interest in the agricultural board.

All were appointed. Supervisor Dennis Klusarits will be the township’s representative.

George Borman wanted some help from the board with the weed problem on his neighbor’s property.

There is a drainage swale on neighboring property that is not maintained by the property owner.

He noted if the weeds are not mowed, they will redirect the water on to his property.

He has been cutting the weeds but says it is not his responsibility.

Bartlett told him his neighbor has been cited and paid fines previously for the uncut weeds. If it persists into this year, the property owner will again be taken to the district judge.

The township office will be closed May 28 for the Memorial Day Holiday.