Burning wood pellets damage S. Whitehall garage
Cetronia, Greenawalds, Woodlawn, Western Salisbury and Alburtis firefighters, along with Cetronia Ambulance Corps personnel, were dispatched 10:55 a.m. Dec. 20, 2019, for a structure fire at 3514 Broadway, South Whitehall.
Property owner Luis Alvarez reportedly opened the door of a pellet stove used to warm his garage allowing some burning pellets to fall on wood stored under the stove.
The fire quickly burned some of the corner of the garage, damaging the interior and melting siding on the outside.
Cetronia firefighters, first on scene, quickly attacked the fire using water from a hose.
There was minimum damage to the garage.